Monday, November 27, 2017

A New Little Venture

If you've followed this blog at all, it's no secret that I draw. I've been drawing since I was a kid and once had big dreams of being a comic artist or illustrator or even a concept artist for video games.

None of those actually happened, since I chose writing over my art in college, but I haven't stopped pulling out the sketchbook for a bit of relaxation time with pencil and paper. Especially when I started my pursuit of writing as a career, I clung to my art as a safe space and a "hobby" of a creative outlet. I was adamant I wouldn't turn both of my loves into jobs, since being a professional writer ended up taking a lot of the magic out of words for me.

But recently, as I've shied away from writing a bit and found myself in a confusing space where I don't know my next move...I've been drawing a lot. I shared some of those during Inktober and they always get a positive response. Some even said they wished they could buy my artwork.

While I was skeptical of that sincerity (people say they'll buy creative work all the time and...they don't), for the first time in ever I felt like maybe I could sell my art work. Not that I had any expectation of selling much at all, but I felt like it wouldn't be a bad idea if I could find a simple way to share, if someone wanted, without much effort or attempts at marketing.

When Shannon Messenger pointed me to Society6, a place where I could upload my art and people could buy prints and other items without my having to deal with shipping, I knew I'd found my little happy medium between sharing and not caring too much.

So this is my little post to say that, yes, you can buy some of my pieces there now. And I will be adding more as time goes by. There is also a permanent link in my blog's tabs, should you ever want to come back to my Society6 page.

3 comments:

  1. I think your art looks beautiful, especially the one of the girl at the masquerade ball. I used to like drawing too; I don't remember why I stopped, but I wish I hadn't. It's definitely a fun creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good work!

    Drawing was never really something I was capable of, particularly people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet work! Best of luck with the store!

    ReplyDelete